HISTORY OF TLEŃ
The oldest confirmed finds in the commune of Osie come from the period 8000-4300 BC. In the 13th century, the Pomeranian Duke Świętopełk, Grzymisław and Mściwój ruled here. During this period, we can look for the origins of human activity in the area of today's Tleń. In the second half of the thirteenth century, we will find out the history of the creation of Osie and the mill in Tleń. The first written source confirms the existence of the then Imschen in 1415. Imschen is the first known name of Tień, we will read about it in the inventory and rent registers drawn up by the Teutonic Knights. In documents from 1565 Thlieni, 1649 Tlein, 1669 Klen, 1682 Klein Młyn. The German name is Klingermuechle and formerly Klinger. Klinger is the name we will see on pre-war and wartime postcards. In 1565 the mill had two wheels and the sawmill rented 31 fines and 4 Prussian groshes. The miller changed a piece of the forest into an arable role, he was additionally 2 fine for the area together with the lake. Destroyed during the wars with the Swedes and still in 1669 stood empty. The documents from 1677 indicate that the mill was already prospering. On August 5, 1772, Russia, Prussia, and Austria signed a treacherous treaty in St. Petersburg regarding the division of the territory of the Republic. The Świecie land together with Tleń landed in the Prussian partition. After the Great War, Poland regained its independence. Tourism has grown in Tleń. In 1929, the Zalew Żur was established as a water reservoir for a power plant in Żur. The electricity helped in the construction of a seaport in Gdynia. During World War II in Tleń, German officers, shot down pilots rested, practiced the bombing of London on a nearby training ground. In the near distance from the village, there was another secret Nazi training ground. Tested here are the famous V2 rockets, which later came to the capital of England. After the war, tourism experienced its greatest prosperity and new places of rest were created. Mainly workers and communist leaders rested here. After 1989 that the rightful owners regained their possessions. More restaurants and recreation areas were created. Tleń continues to grow and become a pearl of the Tuchola Forest. The most interesting place to relax in the area.
CHECK OUR SOCIAL MEDIA